Exciting opportunity to utilise your exceptional skills and experience to design customised automated production machinery for manufacturing
- Internationally reputed organization
- Leading edge products and Innovation
- Utilize your previous experience in Mechanical Industrial Designing
Job Category: Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Published: July 27, 2017
Our client is an iconic and internationally respected brand. Their commitment to innovation and quality ensures they retain their enviable position as the premium manufacture of a comprehensive range of household appliances.
This is a pivotal position within the organisation where your key deliverables will include taking concept drawings and related specifications and designing customised automated production machinery. Working on multiple projects at a time, you will focus on finding simple, cost effective solutions to often highly complex problems within a demanding fast paced manufacturing environment.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Identifying complex problems and review related information to develop options.
- Analysing/interpreting project proposal and specifications along with other applicable data and generate machinery concepts for review.
- Refine/improve the design of existing product machinery in respect to both performance and manufacturing process.
- Undertake engineering design and calculations and provide detailed 3D drawings and BOMs for manufacturing to ISO standards, whilst providing the technical support and facilitating the transition from design to the manufacturing, assembly and commissioning phase.
- Ensuring materials, components, production processes, quality control and costs applicable to the design maximize effective manufacture and efficiency requirements
- Establish quality assurance standards, SOPs, documentation for production/manufacturing process.
- Liaising with external clients, project manager and other project team members, throughout the design phase as required.
- Integrate continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the role
To be considered for this role you will need to possess the following skills and attributes:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering , Engineering Design or similar
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing/designing environment where you had exposure to designing special purpose automated production machinery and/or tooling.
- Experience and knowledge of a range of manufacturing techniques/processes.
- Experience delivering highly innovative and creative outcomes within a busy commercial environment.
- Results driven focus with an ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining quality standards.
- Excellent knowledge of 3D Design software including AutoCAD and Solidworks along with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to self- manage in an environment where multiple priorities compete for your time
- Strong problem solving capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and confidence to communicate and present to a diverse audience of stakeholders throughout all levels of business.
This is an exciting opportunity which will challenge your creativity and multitasking skills. The company offers an impressive salary package commensurate with your experience and offering to the position.