Exciting opportunity for a qualified Asbestos Assessor to consolidate your career in a growing industry with a reputable and well trusted commercial laboratory.
- Excellent opportunity to excel in a niche & specialized industry
- Well respected IANZ Accredited laboratory
- Manage Projects for National clients
Job Category: Science & Technology
Job Type: Full-Time
Published: August 21, 2017
Our client is a 100% New Zealand owned and operated, IANZ accredited asbestos laboratory. Over a long period of time they have developed a sound reputation for the quality and prompt delivery of services. It is a company that prides itself on being client focused and provides a wide spectrum of services including Asbestos Surveys, Sampling & Testing, Training, etc., across a well-established national network of commercial, residential and industrial clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven Senior Asbestos Assessor to join their Wellington-based team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver assessor requirements for clients and related functions to fulfil the delivery of services provided by the organisation.
- Preparing RFP’s, Tenders and Quotes for Clients.
- Reporting to clients and PCBU’s as required in a timely manner.
- Ensure any testing including; visual, smoke, air sampling/monitoring for asbestos removal projects is carried out appropriately in accordance with specified procedures and RFP / quotes
- Preparing out work field kits
- Visiting commercial sites and placing and picking up air testing reassurance / background pumps
- Liaising with Laboratory and Survey Manager to ensure clients requirements meet regarding asbestos projects
- Be able to carry out routine Laboratory Analytical Activities as required along with timely and accurate data entry.
- Provide asbestos related Technical Consultancy to external and internal clients in consultation with Management.
- Participating in Audits including both internal and external quality assurance programs.
- Completion of accurate Reports including survey, analytical, and management programme.
- Ensuring compliance with company and client Health and Safety procedures.
- Supervising and mentoring assessor staff.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- A relevant qualification in Science, Environmental Science or a related field.
- Proven experience with asbestos assessor related services.
- BOHS P401 and BOHS P402 highly desirable.
- Sound health and safety knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with meticulous work habits.
- A ‘Team Player’ with good leadership and decision making skills.
- High level of computer skills.
- A diligent, hardworking and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Physically fit with a Full Drivers Licence.
This is an exciting opportunity which will utilize your technical, commercial and multitasking skills. The company offers an impressive salary package commensurate with your experience and offering to the position.
To learn more about this professionally rewarding opportunity, apply online today with a CV and Cover letter in WORD format only, quoting job number 17/1708/PB to email@example.com or call Pavan on 09 525-5520