Excellent opportunity for a proven Senior Technical Manager to use your innovative/ commercial acumen – lead an impressive team of Technologists.
- Lead and co-ordinate Product Development
- Exceptional Company Culture
- Quality Nutraceutical Manufacturer
Job Category: Science & Technology
Job Type: Full-Time
Published: October 3, 2017
Our client is an internationally recognised market leader across a diverse range of nutraceutical products. Their outstanding commitment to quality, efficacy and continued innovation has paved the way for extraordinary global expansion and continual demand for their products.
A rare and supreme opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Manager to lead and co-ordinate all technical functions across their manufacturing plant. Your position will be vital in the efficient running of Quality, Regulatory and Production Departments, which includes innovation and new product development strategies. Furthermore, key to your success will be your ability to implement processes that ensures the company stays ahead of global trends.
Of prime importance, is your drive to maintain quality systems, utilise your strong technical competencies and commercial intelligence. Taking on the transformation of product concepts, you will be commended for your creativity and valued for your ability to lead the complete gate process for the ultimate launch of new products into market.
We are seeking a person who has excellent communication/ interpersonal skills as you will be crucial to the continued success of streamlined new product launches. A key component of your role will be to effectively liaise with cross-functional teams in the business, where you will engage with domestic and overseas customers and leverage the opportunity to build upon your exceptional team leadership and management skills.
- Maintain quality systems by leading the Quality, Technical and Lab teams to ensure products and raw materials comply with regulations and achieve registration approvals.
- Manage a portfolio of New Product and Product Improvement Projects. Communicate these plans to internal teams and domestic/ international counterparts.
- Scope projects to include brief and objectives, requirements and deliverables, risk analysis, budget allocation and tasks.
- Keep up to date and retain market intelligence for cutting-edge commercial opportunities. This includes knowledge of ingredients, formulation/manufacturing methods and scientific research.
- Ensure compliance with GMP regulations in relation to new product formulation, packaging, labels and marketing claims.
- Manage a team of NPD Technologists by maintaining effective work processes, providing technical support, as well as guidance to other areas of the business.
- Manage the complete stage gate process for product launches and coordinate with the QA Manager for the release of new products into market. Critically evaluate check points and manufacturing processes to ensure milestones are achieved according to deadlines.
- Be accountable for all technical documentation, raw material testing, costings, BOMs in the ERP system.
To be considered for this role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a regulated GMP industry, as well as a having a relevant tertiary qualification.
- Knowledge of the Product Development process as well as strong understanding of Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing and Production.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, GMP and/or RMP, TGA and Asian regulations.
- Proven experience and be accomplished in Dietary Supplement or Food Product Development (specifically tableting, soft/hard gel capsules, powders and liquids).
- Self-motivated and positive attitude where you can thrive under pressure while being proactive to foresee and mitigate any technical issues or roadblocks to the launch process.
- Enviable communication skills across a broad range of customers, staff and industry members.
- Exceptional management and sound leadership skills with the ability to comfortably collaborate with staff from diverse and multicultural backgrounds.
To find out more about this special opportunity, please apply now to Yannie@str.co.nz quoting reference number 10/1709/YC. Submit an updated resume (in Word format) and cover letter detailing your experience to Yannie Chen, or phone 09 525-5520 for a confidential enquiry. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence.