Great opportunity to join a highly reputed company where you will add value through your exceptional instrument knowledge & great telephone communication skills
- Well established successful company – Niche Market
- Supportive and knowledgeable team environment
- Cutting edge instruments – keeping abreast of technology
Job Category: Engineering
Job Type: Full-Time
Published: October 9, 2017
Our client is a well-established company operating in a niche market where they specialise in providing high tech test and measurement equipment to diverse scientific and industry sectors. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and technically savvy Applications Engineer to provide an exceptional level of customer service to their clients.
Key to your success in this role will be your positive attitude well complemented by ability and drive to assimilate and acquire latest technological know-how and translate this to the customer. Utilising your well-developed listening and technical problem solving skills, you will endeavour to gain a comprehensive level of understanding of the customer’s specific requirements for a particular application and be able to recommend the best and most aligned product/ solution to their requirement.
Key responsibilities for this role include;
- Fielding incoming enquiries and providing quotations, following through the process to ensure client’s complete satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Raise rental contracts, prepare necessary documentation and despatch goods following through to receipt of rented goods and raising invoices.
- Manage technical or commercial customer enquiries where you will focus on building long lasting and trustworthy professional relationships.
- Liaise with suppliers, utilise your commercial and technical acumen to understand market requirements and recommend new instrument upgrade/acquisition, concurrent with disposal of existing outdated assets.
- Assist and provide guidance to Service Technicians on any technical issues.
- Assist with marketing material, regularly update on the latest technological advancements.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills and attributes;
- Ideally a technical qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a relevant industrial background.
- Proven experience in dealing with customers, where you would have provided technical solutions and managed processes on an end to end basis.
- Impressive written and verbal communication skills where you are able to listen, assimilate and articulate information and communicate this in the best possible form relative to each individual customer’s requirement.
- A very high degree of Computer Literacy.
- Outstanding degree of attention to detail with a focus on delivering consistent high performance.
- Great problem solving and personal initiative where you approach challenges with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Inherent commercial acumen where you are able to research and identify new opportunities
- Ability to work autonomously where you take ownership of your responsibilities as well as being a great team player.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join an extremely innovative company who are ‘top of their game!’
If this sounds like you, then seize this exciting opportunity and apply today with your Resume and Covering Letter in WORD Format only citing reference number 04/1709/PB or call Pavan at 09-525-5520 for a confidential discussion.