- Award winning Medical Device manufacturing, privately owned company
- National & International Logistics, Procurement & Planning
- Key leadership role, Great company culture
Use your proven end to end supply chain management skills in a busy ‘hands on’ role where you can contribute through your strategic vision & leadership
Job Category: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full-Time
Published: April 15, 2019
Our client is an internationally recognised leader in design, developing and manufacture of most innovative, high tech products. They supply their award winning products to the highly specialised medical, safety equipment and electronics sectors. They are ISO 9001:2008 certified and pride themselves on the expertise of their rigorously trained engineers and technical staff, where the focus is on Superb Designing and Total Quality Management.
This organisation’s ‘state of the art’ production facilities in Hamilton use cutting edge machinery and GMP principals to manufacture products adhering to strictest regulations. An exciting opportunity has now arisen for an experienced and proven Supply Chain Manager to lead the key functions including national and international procurement, import-export logistics, forecasting & planning for procurement & production, warehousing and inventory management. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and leading a team of 11 direct reports, you will develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies, whilst driving efficiency and productivity to ensure streamlined procurement and logistics operations across the organisation. Delivering improved service to customers such as shorter lead times and greater customer satisfaction is a key goal.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Develop a procurement strategy for the organisation which includes policy, process and procedures with clear accountabilities.
- Negotiate supplier contracts, manage supplier review process, minimise risks to the organisation, develop a rapport with suppliers to ensure timely delivery dates and lead time compliance aligned to production schedules/customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain robust planning and forecasting system to ensure continuity of supply for both production and finished good requirements.
- Ensure efficient warehouse operations including cost effective Inventory management, stock control and national and international logistic functions.
- Actively involve with customer service activities including interface with sales & marketing, production, regulatory and quality divisions ensuring that company’s customer service creates competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain transportation system on domestic and international freight that ensures business needs are met.
- Communicate, implement and ensure compliance of all aspects of training in accordance with GMP, ISO 13485 and the company’s SOP’s to all direct reports.
- Ensure best practices are applied with a focus on Continuous Process Improvement and drive a lean, engaged and high performing culture.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintaining strong communications both internally and externally whilst adhering to the company’s values.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and attributes;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role where you have applied supply chain principles including planning, forecasting, procurement, sourcing, inventory management and logistics within a manufacturing environment where you have proven your skills in improving process efficiency.
- Knowledge and experience in national and international logistics and procurement according to pharmaceutical/medical device international standards is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in negotiation, issue management, and influencing.
- Great organisation skills with ability to prioritise and multitask in a busy, fast paced environment that operates in an intensively leading edge competitive market.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and numerical skills with strong experience using ERP systems.
- Excellent time management and a very high level of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, results driven and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Energetic with a willingness to lead in a ‘hands-on’ role.
- Pleasing personality and excellent people management skills.
- Logical thinking person with an ability to ‘think out of the box’ to succeed in what can often be challenging situations.
We are seeking a person who is resilient and committed to successfully leverage best practices, implement positive changes and improvements and ‘make a difference’. You will also need to be a confident communicator across all levels of the business with great organisation skills along with a collaborative work ethic and strategic long term vision. This key leadership position comes with an attractive remuneration package aligned to your skills and experience and great work-lifestyle balance in this beautiful Hamilton location.
If this role sounds like ‘the opportunity’ for you, please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 05/1904/PB or call Pavan at 09-525-5520 for more information.