As the leading specialist recruiter in the science, engineering, food, chemical, healthcare, pharmaceutical and environmental industries, Scientific and Technical Recruitment can offer you a host of benefits:
- Expert industry knowledge. Draw on the expertise of consultants all with qualifications and work experience in the industries they recruit for. Having worked in businesses like yours, they speak your language and understand your special needs.
- Over three decades of operating experience. Our history and extensive experience in the niche job markets of the scientific and technical sectors provide a sound understanding of our clients’ needs, be they engineering or health science companies for example. Our strong presence in this job market demonstrates a long-term commitment to the industry and a company’s financial stability.
- Access to international resources. Through our recruitment alliances and membership of organisations and networks, we can provide you with access to resources and candidates from around the world.
- Comprehensive Candidate Assessment. Our technical background means a thorough and structured approach to assessing candidates, including a full initial assessment of your business or team, so that we can match a person’s technical skills with the position and also ensure a good fit between personality and company culture. We also offer specialist recruitment technology to aid in the selection process, including the use of candidate analysis tools, skill and aptitude tests, database applications and online technology.
- Commitment to you over the long term. Our first focus is people, whether it is staff, employers or candidates. We take pride in building long-term relationships and in developing on-going partnerships. Many candidates we placed in junior roles return to seek our services when they move into management positions and need recruitment advice.
- Excellent value for money. Our competitive fees are structured to ensure that your business gains the right person, for the right job – at the right price. We do not charge a retainer as our policy is to charge only for completed assignments. This means: no up-front fees, no hidden costs and free-of-charge replacement for any candidate who leaves, or has their position terminated, within their first three months of employment (excluding redundancy, relocation or revised job description). A full refund is guaranteed in the unlikely event that we cannot find a suitable replacement.
- Member of the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust. The EEO Trust requires members to be fair and reasonable in all areas of their recruitment practices and adhere to definite guidelines.
- Member of the Employers and Manufacturers Association. The EMA provides access to up-to-date information on legal, employment, industrial relations, training and other issues as they relate to best business practice.
- Location. Our Penrose office is just off the Southern motorway, in the heart of Auckland’s industrial zone. This makes us handy to many of our clients, and enables us to offer ample parking to employers and candidates alike.